lunedì 9 maggio 2016

A new spoiler for GIANNI'S ESTATE 850 T-5R



Since many month my friend Gianni need a rear spoiler for your green ESTATE T-5R.

On most car tuning website we can buy a NOT-original spoiler for few dozen of euro; however, to fix not original spoiler, we need to drill 2 holes in upper parts of the tailgate.

The idea to drill the original tailgate we don't like....

After long research,  last week, Gianni found on internet a 2nd hand original Volvo 850 spoiler.
Volvo spoiler don't need any drilling because it's hold in place by means of 2 mounting bracket that ensure a strong fastening without body modification.

Alas the spoiler is grey painted  and  2 screw that fix the mounting bracket are broken inside the threaded holes!!!.

To remove the broken screw I must drill out the cylindrical body; after I had to create 2 new threads more larger in diameter (M6 instead original M5)



To  allow me to turn all around item during paint I built this support; by means of which I can turn the spoiler as I want
It's a very simply support, made with 2 threaded rod screwed in rectangular metal bar on one side and directly screwed in spoiler hole on opposite side...


After I have sanded old grey paint with 240 sandpaper (you can see in 2 pictures above)...

and I have put a first hand of 2K primer paint; when as dried I have covered any small imperfection with polyester filler ed I have re-sprayed a primer coat again


Last sanding is with 320 sandpaper at first and after with 500 sandpaper.



It's a time for 2 hand of basecoat applying




(this color is VOLVO 421 emerald green metallic / dark olive pearl)


and immediately after the final 2 hand of 2K clear coat


I think it's a great job! And you?



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento